Fri16Feb2018Sun18Feb20186:00 pmAll Salt/Brackish water inside Alabama borders is eligible to be fished
Welcome to the Inaugural MBKFA 2018 Winter Speck-tackular Sponsored by Sun-Belt Insurance Underwriters
This is a CPR (Catch, Photo, Release) tournament for MBKFA members ONLY! The tournament will run from 6:00pm February 16, 2018 – 3:00pm February 18, 2018. The goal is to put together a 3-fish stringer of the Largest Speckled Trout you can.
This tournament will pay out the top three spots, with a guaranteed payout of 1st place-$100, 2nd place-$60 and 3rd place-$40. The cost to get you into this tournament is $20 plus a $1 processing fee. Plus, the more anglers participating, the higher the payouts.
Here are the rules for the MBKFA 2018 Winter Speck-tacular.
1) You must be a current MBKFA member. If you are a new member, you must have your dues paid by February 15, 2018 at 6pm to participate. Sign up for this tournament will cease at 12pm February 15, 2018.
2) This is a CPR tournament (Catch, Photo, Release) It will require you to have a printed token visible in the Fish Picture. Token will be released on Friday February 16th @ 3:00 pm. Token will be visible on the MBKFA Forum in the Records forum on the members side. It will be posted in the MBKFA 2018 Winter Speck-tacular Rules and Registration thread. It will also be posted on MBKFA Brag Board on Facebook. You must print it off and have it with you. It must be clearly visible in the fish picture. You can start fishing once you've acquired your token.
3) Measuring devises. Much like our AOY tournament, you must have a hard bump board with a 90-degree bump, with clearly marked lines. No collapsible boards allowed. No sticker type boards allowed. WE HIGHLY encourage the use of our official MBKFA Hawg trough bump board or one similar. Fish will be scored by the last line that the tail crosses.
4) Fish measuring. This is a Speckled Trout tournament. All fish must be measured in the same manner. *Fish will be laid on the bump board with head to the left, belly towards the angler, Mouths CLOSED* Fish that are not measured in this manner will be disqualified. Fish can be measured as they lay. You do not have to pinch the tail. We have a minimum length of 8" and a max length of 30" Any fish that measures over 30" will be given maximum points, if the fish is measured correctly.
5) Boundaries. All Salt/Brackish water inside Alabama borders is eligible to be fished.
6) All fish must be caught from a launched kayak. No Wade Fishing. Fish must be measured on the kayak.
7) Fish must be caught by hook and line. You can use artificial or live bait for this tournament.
8) No mothershipping allowed.
9) Picture posting. Pics will need to be posted in the MBKFA 2018 Winter Speck-tacular Tournament Pic Thread in the records forum on the members side of MBKFA.com. MBKFA encourages you to use the Tapatalk app on your smart phone to post pics. Pics can be submitted on the computer at your convenience. However, scoring will be by the time the pics are posted on the thread. In the event of a tie, the angler submitting the winning fish first will be declared the winner. You have until 3pm Sunday February 18, 2018 to have your pics posted. Thread will be locked promptly at 3 pm. Fish Judging will be conducted by the MBKFA officers. Post as many pics as you like. If you are not sure about your pic, we suggest you post multiple pics. We will take your 3 best fish. Post as many trout pics as you want. We'll take care of the rest.
10) All final decisions will be left up to the MBKFA 2018 Officers.
Fri02Mar2018Sun04Mar2018Mobile Convention Center
Sat17Mar20185 Rivers Delta Center